Engineered Word Limited, trading as Rollin Kennedy | Word Engineer, is a registered company in New Zealand.
This policy explains how I protect and use the information you give me when you use this website, when you contact me and when you send me files to edit or proofread.
If I ask you to provide information, I will use it only in the ways stated in this policy.
What personal data I collect, and when
If you contact me by email, I collect the following information:
- your name
- your email address
- any information included in your email signature
- any information you provide (for example, word count, the nature of your project).
If you contact me by phone, I collect your phone number.
If you book in a project with me, I will collect any information I need to provide the service you have asked for. This includes any files you send me to work on.
If you subscribe to my blog, I collect your email address. If you follow my blog, I collect your username only.
How I use your personal data
I use the personal data I collect as follows:
- To contact you about your enquiry or project.
- For my accounting processes (for example, to send invoices), and to comply with my tax authority’s requirements.
- To enable certain functions on my website (for example, to collect statistics about the number of visitors, and to provide a subscription service for my blog).
I will never share your information with anyone else unless you give me permission in writing, or I am required to by law.
The only times I will use your personal data for marketing or promotion purposes are:
- to publish a testimonial you have written on my website and social media accounts.
How I store and protect your data
The personal information I collect from you is stored on the following platforms:
- Shopify.com. This is my website host. It is password-protected and has SSL-certification (https) to provide an extra layer of security.
- PayPal. This is a password-protected payment service that you may use to pay for the services I provide.
- Gmail. This is my email provider, where I keep the emails we have exchanged. My account is password-protected.
I also store and protect your personal information and files in the following ways:
- Microsoft OneDrive. This is my cloud-based file-management system, which I access using my password-protected computer. I use OneDrive to store the files you send me for proofreading or editing, and the files related to that work (for example, invoices and style sheets).
Controlling how I use your information
You can unsubscribe from my blog at any time.
You can ask me at any time to delete any information I hold about you. As long as I′m not breaking the law, I will do this as soon as possible following your request.
How long I will keep your data for
Because I work with many of my clients more than once, I do not delete your data unless you ask me to. This helps me to provide the best service I can to you.
IRD requires me to keep records for at least seven tax years. Because of this, I will keep your data on invoices and my accounts for seven years.
Links from my website
My website contains links to other websites. I have no control of websites outside the wordengineer.co.uk or wordengineer.co.nz domains. Therefore, if you provide information to a website I have linked to, I am not responsible for protection or privacy of such information.